Monday, April 22, 2013

Newest Salvaged Gal

Hi, I am Stacy and I am a Wife and mother of five. I love old things. I love free things. I love to take old and free (or close to free) things and turn them into beautiful things with a purpose. I love that it can be an analogy of my life and what Jesus has done to it. Like an old chipped and rusty enamel container that I can re-purpose as a lovely planter with my favorite flowers or herbs, Jesus has taken me, with all my dings and chips and rusty edges and planted a new heart in me. He can take all my imperfections and marks from living in a fallen world and use them for a glorious purpose. My favorite word is Redeemed. I can redeem a piece of "junk" (or as I like to call it "junque") from ending up in a landfill and fill it with something beautiful and interesting to suit my purposes. Jesus redeemed my life from going to a landfill (or worse) and has done an amazing work of filling it with beauty for His purpose. He gives beauty for ashes. "Fear not, for I have redeemed you, I have called you by name, you are mine.....For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior....you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you." Isaiah 43:1,3-4. One major difference in the analogy......Jesus didn't get me for free. He paid a great price for me...... His life. For that I can't even begin to express my gratitude.
I hope you get to come out to the Salvaged for Good sale and see some of the beautiful things I have redeemed and meet some of the precious ladies God has redeemed.

No comments:

Post a Comment