Monday, April 25, 2016

Pretty in Pink!

Introducing Jillian - our newest, and most colorful Salvaged Gal! :)





My name is Jillian. I am a stay at home mother of two precious little girls. Throughout my life I have always been creative and crafty. These traits were always encouraged and grown by my mother. I started young learning to cross stitch, which led to crochet, which led to sewing which led to many other skills I have developed through the years. 

One skill I developed early into my marriage, was finding "steals and deals" on furniture that most people would trash and turning it into something I loved. Being new to Spokane when I was first married, I had zero furniture and grand ideas. Through yard sales, the free section on Craigslist, and friends giving away their broken things I was able to have projects that would build my relationship with my husband and make my home beautiful. 

Repurposing a piece of furniture is such a sweet time for me. It is a quiet place, with every brush stroke I can praise God and be in a time of prayer. It brings me joy to reflect on the love of Christ. Just as I can make a broken chair new, so does Christ work on our hearts. 

2 Corinthians 5:17 says: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 

God scrapes the gunk and sands us down to reveal a new creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment